You may choose to publish your location in your posts and in your profile. We may use and store information about your location to provide features of our Services.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting personally identifiable information are to provide you with the product and services made available through the Site, including, but not limited, to the Services, to communicate with you, and to manage your registered user account, if you have one.
If you desire to have access to certain restricted sections of the Site, you may be required to become a registered user, and to submit certain personally identifiable information to STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION. This may happen in a number of instances, such as when you sign up for the Services, or if you desire to receive our newsletter or other marketing materials and information. Personally identifiable information that we may collect in such instances may include your IP address, user name, password, email address, physical address, telephone number, as well as age and other information that you decide to provide us with. If you decide to create personal profiles, where you can share information about your professional and intellectual life ("Professional Profiles"), or startup pages, where you can share information about startup companies and their team members ("Company Profiles"), your profile information, your name, e-mail, photo and resume, as well as any other information that you choose to include in your Professional Profiles or Company Profiles will be publicly viewable. Therefore, we encourage you to carefully consider what type of information you want to include in your Professional Profiles or Company Profiles before doing so.
If you contact us by email through the Site, we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence, and may use your email address, and any information that you provide to us in your message, to respond to you. In addition, we may use your contact information to market to you, and provide you with information about, our products and services, including but not limited to our Services. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such information or communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain, from which you are visiting, the web-pages you visit, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider the IP address will be different every time you log on. Except in the instances described herein, we do not use this information to identify you personally. We use it to monitor the use of the Site and of our Services, and for the Site's technical administration.
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you use an application, your content and information is shared with the application. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information.
- When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-party web client or application to access your account.
- We collect and use your information below to provide our Services and to measure and improve them over time.
- You may provide us with profile information to make public, such as a short biography, your location, your website, or a picture. You may provide information to customize your account, such as a cell phone number for the delivery of SMS messages. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Services or to market to you. You may unsubscribe by following the instructions contained within the notification or the instructions on our website. We may use your contact information to help others find your account, including through third-party services and client applications. You may choose to upload your address book so that we can help you find other users you know. If you email us, we may keep your message, email address and contact information to respond to your request. If you connect your STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION account to your account on another service in order to cross-post between site and that service, the other service may send us your registration or profile information on that service and other information that you authorize. This information enables cross-posting, helps us improve the Services, and is deleted from STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION within a few weeks of your disconnecting from your account on the other service.
We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will follow our rules and all applicable laws if you publicize or offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes (“promotion”) on STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION.
- You will not use STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION, such as a denial of service attack.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
Registration and Account Security
- You will not provide any false personal information on STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal profile.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser).
- You will not use STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION if you are under 13.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
- The Site may permit the submission and the hosting, sharing, and/or publishing of User Submissions. You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published, STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with User Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that:
- In connection with User Submissions, you further agree that you will not:
- Submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION all of the license rights granted herein;
- Publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION or any third party;
- Submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate;
- Post advertisements;
- You understand that when using the Site, you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and that STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Submissions. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION, its owners and operators, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the site.
- If you decide to use any Analytical Tools, we may share with certain select third parties the results obtained from the use of such Analytical Tools ("Results") (but will not disclose to any third parties any information that you provide to us in the course of using the Analytical Tools, including, but not limited to, answers that you provide in response to our questionnaire).
You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION to terminate your access to the Site if you infringe the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our employee with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf;
The Site and Services may be used and accessed for lawful purposes only. You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and foreign laws, treatises and regulations in connection with your use of the Site and Services. In addition, without limitation, you agree that you will not do any of the following while using or accessing the Site or Services:
- Circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Site or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content;
- Upload, stream, email or otherwise transmit:
- Any User Submission to which you do not have the lawful right to copy, transmit and display (including any User Submission that would violate any confidentiality or fiduciary obligations that you might have with respect to the User Submission);
- Any User Submission for which you do not have the consent or permission of each identifiable person in the User Submission to use the name, voice, signature, photograph, or likeness of each such person (to the extent each is implicated by the User Submission) and such consent or permission is necessary;
- Any User Submission that infringes the intellectual property rights or violates the privacy rights of any third party (including without limitation copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right, or moral right or right of publicity);
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION name, trademark, URL or product name;
- Upload, stream, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation, as well as viruses or other computer code that may interrupt, destroy, limit the functionality of the Site or the Services, or interfere with the access of any Member or other user to the Site or the Services;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any posting or in any way use the Site or Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION system or network or breach or impair or circumvent any security or authentication measures protecting the Site or Services;
- Unless to the extent permitted under applicable laws, attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise try to discover or determine the source code of any software or any proprietary algorithm used to provide the Services or the Analytical Tools, including by running multiple tests on such Analytical Tools;
- Use the Services to collect or store personal data about other users without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, through pretexting or some other form of social engineering or otherwise commit fraud;
- Knowingly include or use any false or inaccurate information in any Professional Profiles or Startup Profiles, or in connection with the use of the Analytical Tools;
- Alter or modify in any manner the Results;
- Delete, or in any manner alter, the copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices appearing on the Results;
- Aggregate Results or combine information related to different Startup Profiles;
- Make any representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or reliability of the Results;
- Use the Services, including, but not limited to, the Analytical Tools and the Results, in any way that competes with STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION;
Site is NOT responsible for
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, SERVICES, CONTENT AND USER SUBMISSIONS IS AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK. THE SITE, SERVICES, CONTENT AND USER SUBMISSIONS, AND ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES INCLUDED THEREIN, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, RELATING TO THE SITE, SERVICES, CONTENT AND USER SUBMISSIONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES:
- REGARDING THE SECURITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE;
- THAT THE SITE, SERVICES, CONTENT AND USER SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED;
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IMPORTANT! WE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY TAX, LEGAL, ACCOUNTING OR INVESTMENT ADVICE OR ADVOCATE THE PURCHASE OR SALE OF ANY SECURITY OR INVESTMENT. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SEEK THE ASSISTANCE OF A PROFESSIONAL FOR SUCH ADVICE. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS CONCERNING, AND DO NOT GUARANTEE, THE ACCURACY OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE ANALYTICAL TOOLS OR ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE OR THEIR APPLICABILITY TO YOUR INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMUSTANCES. THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE ANALYTICAL TOOLS AS WELL AS ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE ARE INHERENTLY SUBJECT TO RISKS AND UNCERTAINTIES, MANY OF WHICH CANNOT BE PREDICTED OR QUANTIFIED, AND DO NOT NECESSARILY TAKE ALL RELEVANT FACTORS INTO ACCOUNT. ACTUAL RESULTS COULD DIFFER MATERIALLY FROM THOSE PROJECTED ON THE SITE DUE TO A NUMBER OF FACTORS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ECONOMIC AND MARKET CONDITIONS, CREDIT RISK, TECHNOLOGY RISK, AND COMPETITION. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON ANY INFORMATION OR OPINION ON THE SITE TO MAKE ANY INVESTMENT DECISION.
We may engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management, and marketing campaigns. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
If you decide to use any tool that we make available to you on the Site to evaluate innovative startup companies, we will not disclose to third parties any information that you provide in the course of using the Analytical Tools, including, but not limited to, answers that you provide in response to our questionnaire.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION cooperates with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
If any or all of the assets of STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION are acquired by, or merged with another entity, we may share some or all of your information with this entity.
Links to Other Websites
Our Policy towards Children
STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register to use our Services or send any information about yourself to us, including, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will make efforts to delete that information as quickly as possible.
Members agree that all information contained on a website operated by STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION, and all information compiled by STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION is the proprietary information of STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION. Personal information provided by members to STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION will be kept confidential and will not be distributed to any third party.
Members agree not to post their e-mail address on the site, except in the "e-mail" field of the signup form, or when asked by STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION at any other time. There should be no need to give anyone your e-mail address. It is automatically provided if you choose a freelancer (or you are the freelancer chosen for) a project. This does not only apply to e-mail addresses, but to all methods of communication, including phone, ICQ, AIM, MSN Messenger, etc...
An individual may not possess more than account, unless they have contacted and received authorization from STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION staff. Users found with unauthorized multiple accounts, or found to be using multiple accounts to avoid bad reviews, fees, suspensions or other limitations, will face suspension of all their accounts. It is prohibited under all circumstances to transfer ownership of an account, without authorization from STARTUPSNY WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION staff. Accounts that will be inactive (have no login activity) for more than 12 months will be deactivated.